Sunday, June 08, 2008

No shit

I will be honest, I am fearing for my life at this moment. I am in a taxi that I have been waiting over an hour for. And within 500 yards of leaving, there is a godawful rattling like a flat tyre. Turns out his wheel is falling off! He drives like a nutter and have about a half hour journey. I am fucking terrified, and I am only writing this email to take my mind off the journey. Besides, this might be my epitaph. We have now got to the seriously bumpy road, but at least he might slow down! Wanted to be at home in bed asleep by now. Instead I am risking my life in a cab driven by a guy who speaks no english, very little indonesian,and was stupid enough to drive to the wrong end of the island to pick me up. I have never been a fan of seatbelts, as you know, but I would kill for one now, but no such luck. Nearly there. The irony is that I have to part with cash to pay this lunatic for the privilege of damn near killing me! Not to mention my laundry bill!

No comments:

The usual rubbish, just a little more often. Please feel free to dig through the archives. There's some odd stuff, some utter crap, and some stuff that even worries me. But life is far too short to worry about it. Enjoy.