Monday, May 26, 2008

Not exactly paradise

As I am now living in the new house on the other side of the island, I have had to get some essentials. Have fitted out the kitchen with fridge, microwave, burners, rice cooker, ummm etc. Have set up my media desktop in the master bedroom, and television an DVD player downstairs in the corner. Downstairs is an office of sorts. The house is pretty huge, but only a few rooms Downstairs has one gigantic room, which is doing the job of office, a side room which is generally filled with junk I haven't found a home for yet. At the back is the kitchen, toilet, shower and maids bedroom. Upstairs just the spare bedroom and the master bedroom and ensuite. It is huge. I have had smaller studio flats. Now unfortunately there are some bummers. Have two phone lines, but no internet. Have electricity, most of the time. It tends to be off for three hours in the morning, and when it is on, I have to be careful how many electrical items I have switched on, or the fuse blows. I had a cleaner here the day before yesterday who cleaned the kitchen and did all the washing up etc. Ever since then however, I seem to have no mains water. Even if I did have mains water, the water heater in my ensuite has a leak and therefore pisses water everywhere.
I have been shopping for food, and with no break with tradition, bought nothing fucking useful in the slightest. I haven't eaten this badly since Sussex Lodge! Some of you know exactly what I mean. Yesterday I had rice with ketchup, and this evening I had rice and baked beans. Have no idea where the local shop is, so just been coping. Tomorrow, however, I will get some decent grub. Another issue arises from not being able to wash up, due to the lack of water thing. So far I have been doing my best with tissues! Other downer is that this is a non-smoking house, so have to go and sit on the porch to have a smoke. I would like to think that it is helping me cut down, but sadly it just means that I am sat out on the porch like a fucking hick! Still, shit happens.

Laters.

No comments:

The usual rubbish, just a little more often. Please feel free to dig through the archives. There's some odd stuff, some utter crap, and some stuff that even worries me. But life is far too short to worry about it. Enjoy.