Thursday, April 12, 2007

Seemed like a good idea

So having seen some camping bits and pieces in the Argos catalogue, I decided to put up my tent in the back garden to see how easy it is, and how long it could be erected in. Well, half an hour later, and sweating like Lee Evans, I finally got the thing vaguely upright. Considering that our lawn appears to be concrete with an inch of soil on top, I am surprised it is as up as it is. So, having achieved this mighty feat of construction, I retired to the living room to watch more shite on telly. Giving up for the night, I have made it to the kitchen, where I remember about the secondary living accommodation in the rear aspect of the property. All of a sudden it seems like the best idea I have ever had in my life involves getting a blanket and a candle and proceeding to sit in the near dark listening to the distant sounds of the motorway and the next door neighbour's cat trying to scrabble over the fence. Nice: 10\10 for excellent thinking. I haven't done this since I was about 12, so about 14 years ago.
Have since given up, and I am back inside. Mainly because the batteries died in my phone. Living rough is fine, just as long as you can get your hands on all available technology.

No comments:

The usual rubbish, just a little more often. Please feel free to dig through the archives. There's some odd stuff, some utter crap, and some stuff that even worries me. But life is far too short to worry about it. Enjoy.