Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Cactus

One of these is one of the pictures of me trying to get my new cactus back to my house in Puri Legenda. I was originally just gonna put it in the car, but when I went to pick it up, it was a shit load bigger than I remembered it as being. So they had to deliver it. It was balanced on the back of a flat bed, with a guy holding on to it as we motored from the nursery place to my house. Fucking amusing sight plodding down the road followed by a gigantic cactus on a truck!

One of the others is of Sri, an admin from where I worked, who helped me find a good reputable cactus purveyor, and translated if I was unable to fully understand the sales guy. She is 7 feet tall, but even she looks like a midget compared to Kate the cactus.

And of course, yours truly. What an enormous bit of kit. You really have to be there to realise how damn big the thing is. They had another huge plant there, that makes this thing look dwarf. It was really odd looking and had a bit of a smell to it, and was loads of money. So I asked the guy more about it, and the reason it was so expensive was that it protected your house from magic! So if you want to fuck the arse off of Hermione Granger, this is not the plant for you.

No comments:

The usual rubbish, just a little more often. Please feel free to dig through the archives. There's some odd stuff, some utter crap, and some stuff that even worries me. But life is far too short to worry about it. Enjoy.