Saturday, April 12, 2008

Singapore

Right, firstly ought to apologise for the lack of posts recently. To bring you up to date, I have a minor issue with my work permit over here, so have been hiding in a hotel for a week or so. Been going out in town a lot more, which is good, but have very little recollection of these evenings, which is not so good.
Anyway, buggered off to Singapore for a coupla days to give Harry a hand with some bits and pieces. First pub we went to over there cost equivalent of ten quid a pint for damned Heineken! Went to some other pubs, and the notorious 'four floors of whores' at Orchard Towers. With our usual knack for these things, the first place we ended up in was filled with ladyboys. Matt would have loved the place.
Many bars, a 7-11, and almost two thousand Sing Dollars later we were back at the hotel with a bag of lager and pringles. We sat on the roof in the biggest spa pool I have ever seen and shoved beer down our necks until 1am.
The next day, Harry was in meetings and I spent the day buying pies. Seventy-two of them to be honest. Later, just before heading to the ferry, we went shopping for one of the things that you just cannot get over here. Cheese. Spent almost 100 dollars between us on camembert, roquefort, Jarlsberg, port salut, and some gouda. When I got home I stuffed my face with stinky cheesiness.
You'd have to know how much I love cheese to fully understand this.
Will post more soon.
Big love.

No comments:

The usual rubbish, just a little more often. Please feel free to dig through the archives. There's some odd stuff, some utter crap, and some stuff that even worries me. But life is far too short to worry about it. Enjoy.